The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks a Vice President: Global Outreach to join our team to help us scale our work with Living Products, Living Buildings, Living Communities and other leadership programs we operate. The Vice President will lead three sectors of the organization; the Living Future Network which includes the Cascadia Green Building Council and the Global Ambassador and Collaborative Network, Publications and Communications, and Education and Events. They will be responsible for aligning the organization’s mission with all communications and events and leading all staff in those three sectors. The successful applicant must be a well known in green building circles with extensive experience in communications, events and volunteer engagement.
The position is ideally filled in Portland, Oregon where the majority of the staff working on the three sectors are located. Candidates who do not reside in Seattle or Portland must be willing to relocate in order to be considered for this position. The successful applicant will be expected to travel fairly frequently to represent the organization throughout the US and Canada. ILFI also has staff and programs in Seattle, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia. ILFI offers a collaborative, team-oriented workplace that treats employees as responsible professionals. While the work is demanding, the hours are often flexible, benefits are generous, and good times are frequent.
Description of Duties
• Work closely with the CEO and Executive Director on the major outreach direction for the organization and determine how this gets translated into the staff’s workplans.
• Oversee the organization’s Global Living Future Network, providing leadership to four staff who manage the Cascadia Green Building Council, the Living Future Ambassadors and Collaboratives and ILFI’s policy and advocacy agenda.
• Oversee the organization’s communications providing leadership to three staff and ensuring that the ILFI mission and program goals are communicated effectively to our Global Network through social media outlets, the press and in our quarterly magazine, Trim Tab.
• Work closely with the CEO to direct our publications with Ecotone.
• Provide leadership to the Education and Events team who manage all ILFI Events including Living Future, Net Positive, on-line webinars, in-person workshops, and a National Materials Conference. Ensure that the ILFI mission is being communicated effectively through events and education.
• Work collaboratively with the Program team leaders to ensure that the Network, Communications and Events staff supports them effectively.
• Actively market and present to partners, at conferences, and in publications around the ILFI mission.
• Be responsible for ensuring that all events are profitable.
• Work with the Development team to ensure that the mission and program are communicated effectively in grant proposals.
• Work collaboratively with the Program and Development teams to actively seek funding and consulting opportunities.
• Bachelor’s required and Masters degree preferred in a related field.
• At least 15 years experience in the Green Building field with a demonstrated emphasis and experience with Communications, Marketing or Business Development.
• Excellent written communication skills demonstrated through published books or articles.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing events and volunteers.
• Exemplary public speaking experience.
• At least 10 years experience overseeing a team of 10 or more staff with diverse skills across a range of program areas and locations.
• Demonstrated commitment to the ILFI mission.
• Multi-tasking skills, ability to jump from one project to another
• Friendly, outgoing nature. An ability to go with the flow in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
• Strong skills in PowerPoint, InDesign and other Mac-based programs.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume together with 3 written references, 2-3 published writing samples and links to 2-3 videos of public speaking engagements.
Closing Date: July 25th, 2014. The International Living Future Institute is an equal opportunity employer.