Location: San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL.
McDonald's has bold plans to evolve the customer experience for the digital era, and the Global Digital team is at the center of this aggressive change. Our team is leading the worldwide effort to develop and orchestrate digital initiatives across every facet of our interactions with customers. This includes new brand engagement, e-commerce, service delivery, and digital content capabilities. With the fast emerging digital environment, this team is focused on innovation across the customer journey in and outside our restaurants, identifying the most meaningful opportunities for our customers, and developing capabilities to bring them to life. We do this in partnership and teamwork with our IT organization and the Markets around the world.
This team was recently formed as McDonald's hired its first Chief Digital Officer, who brings a deep consumer Internet experience. McDonald's is aggressively looking to grow it's digital, web and consumer focused capability by adding top tier talent across the company and within the Global Digital team. The team will work in an entrepreneurial and strategic way to push forward our ideas and innovation, execution and culture, all on behalf of customers. Our current needs include seasoned digital, social media and Internet talent in functions including product management, product marketing, digital marketing, community management, business development, user experience design, and program management.
McDonald's is deeply committed to our customer focus, and sits at an exciting juncture where we are ready to drive our brand to new heights using digital experience and engagement as essential ingredients.
McDonald’s Corporation is looking to hire a User Experience Designer to embody our brand digitally in commerce, social, and media channels. The ideal candidate will have experience designing both shopping experiences and brand communications for retailers. S/he will be highly conversant with responsive design, branding and usability. A knack for user research and strength in prototyping are highly desirable. Previous corporate experience a plus.
Responsibilities may include:
- Creating solutions to complex interface and interaction design challenges. Find intuitive solutions to core user interactions, with emphasis on elegance and simplicity.
- Bringing user experience design concepts to life by creating deliverables including user flows, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering within agile development and planning cycles and sprints.
- Deliver design assets for new feature/functionality of shopping experiences (web, mobile, kiosk) and other forms of consumer engagement (games, etc).
- Overseeing user research and usability testing through the design process
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
- Managing tools for design asset creation, tracking, and sharing
- Managing outside design consultants and usability testing agencies
- Creating internal systems, processes, and infrastructure for international localization (UI guidelines, usability standards, UX/UI training, review processes, etc.)
- Staying abreast of trends in user interface and interaction design
Success factors include:
- A good eye and grounding in information design (graphics, interface, interaction)
- Expert cross-functional collaboration
- Skillful articulation of design rationale
- An ability to adapt graciously to changing business conditions and priorities
- A global mindset
- Customer empathy and curiosity
- BA/BS required (Major in a design field preferred)
- 5+ years of solid experience in hands on user centered design
- Track record of shipping apps or software
- Portfolio of interactive design work (URLs) required
- Experience with xHTML, CSS3, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, After Effects, Maya, ZBrush, Axure RP, Omnigraffle, Tableau, Keynote, Pages, Skitch
- A feel for marketing and merchandising required
- Strong communication skills required
- A "good eye" required
- Direct experience in design for commerce and/or cross-channel retailing preferred
International experience, multi-lingual preferred
- Front end coding and visual design a plus
- Corporate experience a plus
Please apply directly to the link provided and reference requsition number 3248BR
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Social Media Jobs