Situation Interactive is an award-winning full service agency with a focus on immersive brand storytelling. We work with many of the world's leading arts and entertainment brands, including Major League Soccer, Metropolitan Opera, Wicked the Musical, Guggenheim, Brooklyn Academy of Music, AEG Live, USA Network and the NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee.
We've been honored by Crain's Magazine as a "best place to work in New York City" for three years in a row – one of only seven companies to achieve this.
You will love working here.
We are seeking a Senior Copywriter with experience developing creative concepts for multi-channel/integrated campaigns, digital storytelling, social media and content development to join our Creative Team. Working with nearly every department in the agency as a member of our Content group, you embody the enviable trifecta of inventive thinker, impeccable writer, and passionate leader. You’ll seek out, concept, and execute new content ideas, from massive campaigns to single tweets. You thrive on discovering new opportunities to help our clients shine, and you’ll have a blast doing it.
THIS JOB IS PERFECT IF YOU:
• Love being a visionary: concepting, brainstorming and envisioning ginormous ideas
• Revel in the nitty-gritty of execution, from spelling to grammar to hashtags
• Collaborate like a boss. A collaborative kind of boss, not a dictator-y boss.
• Kick ass with clients, establishing their trust and guiding them through the creative process like the superb ringleader you are
• Live and breathe all things digital, including social media and mobile
• Are crazy comfortable with the unknown: tackling new platforms, unforeseen challenges, and seemingly Sisyphean projects with grace
• Have an appreciation for clients in the arts, culture and entertainment space, but love translating your skills to just about any client
• Are not a jerk. No jerks allowed!
• Can write circles around everyone you know
• Are comfortable with a wide spectrum of writing, from taglines to landing pages to email blasts to video scripts
• Have a portfolio of interesting and varied work to prove all of the above
• 9:30am: You check in with the team and get a handle on your schedule for the day. There are a lot of moving parts, so you make sure your to-do list is ready to go.
• 10:00am: You lead a morning brainstorming session with the Art Director to discuss branding for a new client.
• 11:30am: Time to polish up a PowerPoint deck for a presentation later that day. After you’re done being brilliant, you proofread the heck out of it and send it to the team.
• 12:30pm: You’re in the midst of concepting a Facebook campaign. You whip up a few different angles, then chat with your Creative Director to decide which way to go.
• 1:15pm: Breeze through copy for a new website, stopping to chat with the lead Strategist because you have a fabulous idea for a video to include.
• 3:00pm: Client presentation time. You talk them through an elaborate content campaign, from idea to execution, getting them onboard with your positive energy and spoken wordsmithery. They love it! Way to go, hypothetical you!
• 4:30pm: Now that your project has a green light, schedule a meeting with your internal client team to get started tomorrow.
• 6:00pm: Get spiffed up and ready to walk the red carpet at one of your clients’ big premieres. Who’s ready for the after party? You are.
(If you are missing some of these, but are awesome, we encourage you to apply.)
• 5+ years of writing experience, agency or in-house
• A professional portfolio chock full o’ relevant work that will delight us
• Working knowledge of all major social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest (And maybe SnapChat? God help us.)
• A brain that is a vast and impenetrable vault of English language rules
• The savvy to break those rules
• Experience presenting to clients and leading internal teams
• Knowledge of current industry thinking on creative content strategy and execution
While we offer a competitive salary for the position, we also offer a range of perks for mind, body and spirit that have continued to put us among the best places to work.
Three we think you'll enjoy the most:
1. Access to the best entertainment NYC has to offer: free museum admission, the best seats on Broadway and other see-it-to-believe-it experiences
2. Summer Fridays (half days) from Memorial Day through Labor Day
3. Free Dunkin’ Donuts card and snacks in the kitchen
APPLY. YES, THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Social Media Jobs