Gigantic Idea Studio, Inc. is seeking a smart and capable team member, who is able to synchronize multiple parties and projects at once, track budgets, schedules, etc. Although the duties of the job primarily revolve around project management, because we are a small firm, we also need the new team member to have significant skill and experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Marketing Strategy
• Multi-cultural marketing
• Market Research
• Graphic Design
• Concept Development
• Media Relations/PR
• Web Design and/or Programming
• Social Media
• Video/Digital Media
Experience in an environmental field is a plus but not required.
College degree and 2-5 years’ work experience desired.
Duties will include:
• Project management, sometimes serving as the primary contact for clients and providing overall oversight for a project, making sure our work meets clients’ goals;
• Keeping projects on schedule and budget;
• Generating estimates as needed;
• Managing tasks from start to finish;
• Executing project tasks as needed;
• Identifying vendors and subcontractors as needed;
• Assigning tasks to appropriate team members and subcontractors;
• Interacting with clients, subcontractors, vendors;
• Logging time and keeping accurate project records including hours, task descriptions, expenses, etc. using Workamajig project management software. (We will provide training.); and
• Sharing administrative tasks with other team members as needed.
Duties may also include:
• Industry tracking: read publications, attend events, report back to team;
• Developing concepts (individually & collaboratively/group brainstorm format);
• Researching for clients & Gigantic Idea Studio (industry tracking);
• Alliance Building;
• Proposal writing; and
• Contributing to GIS’ marketing and business development efforts.
Desired Qualities of Applicant
The successful candidate will be self-managing, proactive and have a positive attitude. S/he will have excellent client relations skills and flexibility in approach when necessary. Candidate must be fully fluent in English; a second language is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample of 500-1,500 words, a design sample, or another example of your work that illustrates one or more of the skills above. Please no phone calls.