Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Manager PR & Media Relations will support the ongoing public and media relations and communications activities for the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum, IMAX Theater and World Golf Village Associates. The goal and scope of the PR and Media Relations initiatives are to target local, state, national and international audiences and will include travel, hospitality, and tourism and golf media. Target audiences will also include a focus on the general consumer markets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1.Oversee and manage the public and media relations efforts of the Hall of Fame, IMAX Theater and World Golf Village Associates, including the Induction process, new exhibits, Hall of Fame member news and IMAX Film openings. This includes writing press releases and developing and maintaining relationships with local and national media.
2. Research, develop and execute public relations plans that support the Hall of Fame’s Strategic Plan, seeking out and capitalizing on new opportunities to increase the Hall of Fame’s visibility.
3. Oversee efforts to prepare and distribute news releases, photographs, videos and related information to media throughout the year; including developing and managing media clip reports.
4. Assist with the coordination of communication efforts with the Hall of Fame’s Advisory Board, golf’s governing bodies, allied associations and industry partners.
5. Oversee and manage outside P.R. agency (if applicable) to develop initiatives for the Hall of Fame, IMAX Theater and events.
6. Research and create opportunities to build awareness for the Hall of Fame through speaking presentations and forums with Hall of Fame executive(s).
7. Organize and maintain the Hall of Fame’s photo and video archives.
8. Assist, as necessary, with event promotion and execution as needed.
9. Assist with creation and writing for Hall of Fame’s newsletter, The Tower.
10. Assist, as necessary, in the development and posting of Hall of Fame and IMAX e-blasts.
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• A bachelor’s degree in the communications or related new media field.
• A minimum of two to five years of related experience in public relations, communications, and media relations.
• Strong writing, communications and organizational skills.
• Preferred Qualifications include having thorough knowledge of golf. Graphics experience, especially with Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Social Media Jobs