Under the direction of the Sr. Vice President & COO, the Director of Communications is responsible for the strategic development, planning and execution of the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum communications activities. The director will manage the communications programs including but not limited to internal message development and strategy, public relations initiatives, local and state media and political relationships, Web site management, newsletters and other collateral material. The goal and scope of the communications efforts and initiatives are to target audiences that will be local, state, national and international and will include consumers, travel, hospitality media, the golf media, travel agent markets and the local community and government officials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and execute communications strategies that support the HOF goals to enhance the HOF’s brand and strategic plan. Focus should include building relationships and placing stories in both golf and relevant non-golf media.
2. Research, develop and execute public relations plans that support the Hall of Fame’s Strategic Plan, including its annual Induction process and exhibition programs, seeking out and capitalizing on new opportunities to increase the Hall of Fame’s visibility.
3. Oversee the development and distribution of the HOF and IMAX Theater external TV, print and digital communications materials, including radio and TV ads, public service announcements, and print and digital collateral.
4. Lead communications initiatives with key partners, including PGA TOUR, Golf Channel, Shell, Rolex and Bob & Dolores Hope Charitable Foundation.
5. Develop on-going strategies and communication plans to support the network’s local PR efforts, thus increasing their opportunity for relevant media coverage.
6. Oversee and seek opportunities to further develop HOF and IMAX Theater new media efforts, including websites, mobile, apps and social media activities.
7. Seek opportunities to garner media exposure for the HOF and IMAX Theater through relationships with golf and non-golf companies and organizations.
8. Provide guidance and support the HOF communications needs. With senior leadership, coordinate the messaging of the HOF in television, print and digital marketing materials.
9. Supervise the communications staff and the public relations agency relationship.
10. Manage the annual Hall of Fame Induction communication process, including development of ballot materials, communication with voting bodies and administration of process in accordance with accounting firm.
11. Manage efforts to communicate with and through golf’s governing bodies, allied associations and industry partners.
12. Manage the creation and writing for Hall of Fame’s newsletter, The Tower.
13. Oversee and assist with Communications department’s efforts to prepare and distribute news releases, photographs, videos and related information to media throughout the year.
14. Research and create opportunities to build awareness for the Hall of Fame through speaking presentations and forums with Hall of Fame executive(s).
15. Oversee local public relations initiatives for the Hall of Fame, IMAX Theater and events.
16. Oversee and assist with public relations efforts for World Golf Village Associates, including development and execution of annual PR plan.
17. Assist COO with internal communications and procedures for the Hall of Fame and World Golf Foundation.
18. Perform all required communications work as needed and directed by the COO.
Qualifications and Requirements Include
• A four year degree in public relations, communications, and journalism from an accredited college or university.
• At least five years of progressively responsible public relations work experience and must be able to produce and evaluate professional public relations work.
• Should be able to exhibit professional public relations samples and have work experience in public relations in a similar enterprise.
• Prefer an individual with prior media and press business relationships who is knowledgeable as a spokesperson for the employing body.
• Prefer an individual who has work experience in a service industry on a national and international level and someone who is knowledgeable about the game of golf.
The Hall of Fame, a division of the World Golf Foundation, Inc. offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. For more information about The World Golf Hall of Fame visit our website at http://www.worldgolfhalloffame.org
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Social Media Jobs