The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks a dynamic Cascadia Manager to engage the Cascadia region (Alaska, British Columbia, Washington and Oregon) in the ILFI mission through interaction with members, sponsors and funders. ILFI is a dynamic, fast-growing international non-profit with offices in Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington and Vancouver, BC. ILFI’s mission is to lead the transformation toward a built environment that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative.
The Cascadia Manager will be responsible for implementing ILFI’s outreach efforts in the Cascadia region in collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager, working in partnership with the Policy and Advocacy Manager to support and implement policy agendas across the region, maintaining strong relationships with Cascadia partner organizations, funders, and members, and managing contracts and fundraising within the Cascadia region.
The successful applicant will be expected to travel to represent the organization throughout the Pacific Northwest. ILFI offers a collaborative, team-oriented workplace that treats employees as responsible professionals. While the work is demanding, the hours are often flexible, benefits are generous and good times are frequent.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, Group Retirement Payroll Savings Plan with matching contributions, three weeks of paid annual leave and 12 days paid annual sick leave.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
OUTREACH – Approximately 50%
• Promote ILFI’s programs and services throughout the Cascadia region.
• Represent ILFI at public events, conferences, publications in print, online and through recorded media and public testimony.
• Cultivate effective relationships at CaGBC and USGBC events, chapter meetings and calls.
• Build coalitions and collaborative relationships with key partners within Cascadia.
• Work with the Policy and Advocacy Manager to deliver ILFI’s policy priorities within Cascadia.
• Work with the Community Engagement Manager to integrate the ILFI mission and programs within the Cascadia-based Collaboratives.
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS – Approximately 30%
• Assist the Development team in securing Cascadia-based grants that align with ILFI’s mission and goals.
• Provide day-to-day oversight and reporting on programs, grants and contract budgets and activities, as needed.
• Perform billable services (contracted or grant funded)
MEMBERSHIP AND FUNDRAISING – Approximately 20%
• Assist with the implementation of the membership development plan in the Cascadia region.
• Recruit individuals to join ILFI’s membership program.
• Participate in seasonal sponsorship campaign efforts led by the Development team.
• Solicit event/program sponsorships in collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager.
• A Bachelors and/or Masters degree in a related green building field such as Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Landscape Architecture.
• A minimum of 5 years of green building or community scale professional experience.
• Strong connections within the Cascadia region with sustainability-focused organizations and businesses.
• Public communication skills (written, verbal, social media, press).
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people representing different organizations, backgrounds and perspectives.
• Proven organizational skills and project management experience.
• Entrepreneurial, business and fundraising skills.
• Experience with Mac based programs including Powerpoint, Word, and Excel as well as the Salesforce database program.
• Friendly, outgoing nature and an eagerness to serve the public interest. An ability to go with the flow in a fast-paced, high-energy organization.
• Experience working across virtual teams and with remote management.
• Effective and empathetic mentoring skills.
• Creative problem solving skills.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three written references.
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER